Pet Supplies Empire is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its customers and website visitors and thus maintains strict standards in this area. This privacy statement sets forth the online data collection, disclosure and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We are always looking for ways to personalize the customers’ experience to make their shopping experience an easier and more enjoyable one. As such, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website such as name, address, email address, pet type, marketing preferences, device identification etc.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) including your name and email address. This information may be used, for example, to determine what products or specials you may be interested in hearing about.
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use
This information is retained by us. If we are acquired by, or merged with, another company, that info may be transferred to the new company so services to you may be continued.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Our website is hosted on WordPress who provide the e-commerce platform. They store your data on (password- and firewall-protected) servers so as to make sure that it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed
Certain providers may have their own privacy policies which you are encouraged to read. If those providers are located in other jurisdictions, you should note that your information may become subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. You are advised to go through the privacy statements of third party websites before proceeding to use them.
Information of customers who are members of Shipster, and who are checking out with Shipster, may be shared with Shipster (Australia Post) on request, however, it is noted that Shipster would already hold personal information on those specific customers.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- UPDATING INFORMATION
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Use of your personal information for marketing purposes will only occur with your express or implied consent. If you sign up to our website or register your email with us, this will be taken as implied consent. Likewise if you register your email with us via a third party used by us in delivering our services. Please note that you can always withdraw this consent by contacting us to unsubscribe.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page periodically to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy through our e-newsletters.
- ENQUIRIES AND SUGGESTIONS
For any enquiries or suggestions, you can contact us by, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1300 708 608.