Drontal Puppy Worming Suspension comes in liquid form and assists in the control of roundworm, hookworm and whipworm. The key features of Drontal Puppy Worming Suspension include:
- Gentle and effective worming solution for puppies which is easy to administer.
- Controls roundworm, hookworm and whipworm.
- Does not control tapeworm or heartworm.
- May be combined with other treatments, for example heartworm prevention (see Heartgard Plus Small Dog Blue) as well as flea treatment (see Revolution Puppy Kitten Pink).
- Use every 2 weeks for puppies from 2-12 weeks old. Then monthly from 3-6 months old. Then every 3 months for adult dogs.
- Size: 30ml.
- Manufacturer: Bayer.
How to tell if your dog has wormsWorms are one of the most common issues impacting dogs but can often be difficult to notice until your dog’s health is already at risk. The more common worms infecting dogs are heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms and whipworms. Here are the top 8 things to look for that may indicate your dog has worms.
- Coughing: Increased coughing is a known symptom of some worms, particularly advanced cases of heartworm.
- Worms or eggs in the faeces: While not all kinds of worms are visible to the naked eye, many are so it is worthwhile having a look.
- Worms in vomit: Same as above, it is worthwhile having a look.
- Scratching bottom along floor: Dogs often do this when itchy or irritated. While this can be caused by various things, worms is a possibility.
- Bloated stomach: This is a more common side effect noticeable in puppies.
- Food thieves: Worms steal food from their hosts so one noticeable symptom may be that your dog has lost weight or appears to be much hungrier than usual.
- Diarrhoea: This can be another symptom of worms, particularly if the diarrhoea has blood in it.
- Dull coat or loss of hair: While it varies between different breeds, a good sign of a healthy dog is a thick and shiny coat of hair. If you notice it appearing more dull or dry or significantly thinning out, this may be a symptom of worms.